Thursday, July 16, 2009

10 year anniversary


So after you've been together a long time you start to look the same. We got our new shirts in today! Designed and picked out by Ryan, I love them, and it shows off Lima's little house that's getting bigger.

I can't believe it's been 10 years, how young we were when we gave our vows, how comfortable we are together now, how much we've been through this year. I'm so grateful for the daddy of Otto and Lima, for such a tender, wise heart, such a good laugher.

We head to Tahoe tomorrow for a couple days away, to be together, to see a beautiful place, to relax. In the midst of planning this tour and having so much to do, I'll have these moments of realizing that this is nothing to get worked up about. My life is safe, right now, we are healthy and we love each other, and that is ALL that matters. It is nice thinking that way. Realizing what we have.

I feel little Lima moving her arms and legs, she lets me know she is there all the time, keeps me from worrying. She likes to move down low, I feel slow swirls and squirms and then a good firm kick. We're 22 weeks tomorrow. Wow. Really getting there.

I walked through a baby store with my mom today and we looked at the girl side of the store this time. I showed her the outfits that I liked and the ones I didn't and we paused at the boy side and tried not to cry, tried not to live in the hurt too much. But I sure miss him when I see that, and on Thursdays when the garbage trucks come by and I think how much he would love that probably. I love you, Otto, you are always with us. I love you, Lima, thank you for your kicks.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Congrats on the anniversay (wow! 10 years!) and on the baby girl. So happy for you and Ryan!!